In 1902 Edwin Harvey "Dude" Walker, a pressman at the Times-Herald newspaper in
Dallas, Texas moved to Washington, DC and took a job with the Federal Bureau of
Engraving and Printing.He spent several
years at the Bureau employed in the Division of Issue at the
U.S. Treasury.In 1910, Edwin joined the
US Government Printing Office and in 1914 he was appointed Foreman of Press Work.After years of service with the US
Government, Mr. Walker decided to go into business for himself, and in 1927
founded E.H. Walker Supply Company in his basement in Washington, DC.The company was originally engaged in the
sale of equipment and supplies used in the photo-engraving process.
Edwin Walker was
succeeded in the business by his sons, Worth and Bernard "Hap" Walker.Ed Walker took over the business in the
1960's and Kyle and Kent Walker have been at the helm since 2002.
years, Walker Supply has always
focused on meeting the needs of graphic arts professionals with quality
products backed by a high level of service.Walker Supply has become firmly established as a leading source of
products for printing companies, corporate and government entities, newspapers
and digital imaging specialists.More
recently, our customer base has expanded to include sign shops, artists and photographers as a result of our longstanding relationship with
Epson America and their Professional Imaging Products.
The technology has evolved over the years,
but the guiding principle has been the same since Edwin Walker delivered his
first order back in 1927.Building trust
and relationships one customer at a time and responding to the demands of the
marketplace with products that will help Walker Supply and our customers
succeed into the next generation.
Walker Supply through the years:
1914 Edwin H. Walker, Dallas Union Newspaper
1914 Edwin Walker (back right) and GPO Staff, Washington, DC
1914 Edwin Walker (center front) and GPO Staff, Washington, DC
Walker Supply Trade Show Booth, Washington, DC
Walker Supply 14th Street Location, Washington, DC