- Assures fewer gum streaks during start up
- Stores plates for a few hours, few months, or a few years
- Reduces or eliminates image blinding
- Easy to apply; dries evenly
- Washes off plates quickly
- No need to buff
PSG Metal Plate Storage Gum is a combination of
solvents used to remove ink from the plate: micro-filtered gum arabic to
protect and leave the non-image area of the plate water receptive and
asphaltum to protect the image area and maintain ink receptivity.
Asphaltum is one of the best ingredients available to guarantee that the
image will stay ink receptive and protected.
The large amounts of
gum arabic and asphaltum contained in the product assure a quick and
clean start up after the plate is taken out of storage and washed off
for use again.
Clean plate using normal plate
cleaner. Apply a liberal amount to a towel or sponge and wipe plate
down, keeping the application as smooth and even as possible. Allow to
dry. Plate is now protected for storage.